Outcome Base Education
About Outcome Base Education
- Outcome base education means clearly focusing and organizing everything in an education system around what is essential for all student to be able to do successfully at the end of their learning experience.
- Outcome based education is student centred instruction that focuses on measuring student performance i.e. outcomes.
- Outcomes include knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Outcome based education focusing on Understanding fundamentals very well and learning new skills/competencies that would enable individuals to cope with the demands of the rapidly changing workplace.
- Prepare global engineers who will have to solve problem and shoulders challenges which are not known even today.
- To analyse outcome based approach A.I Abdul Razzak Kalsekar Polytechnic have implemented an outcome base software Ioncudos, by using this we can provide a platform that enables planning and design of curriculum through structured mapping and monitoring of outcome at all level to attain the desired educational objectives.
Characteristics of OBE Curriculum
- It has program aims, program learning outcomes, course learning outcomes and performance indicators.
- It is objective and outcome driven, where every stated objective and outcome can be assessed and evaluated.
- It is centred on the needs of the students and the faculty.
- Every learning outcome is intentional and therefore the outcomes must be assessed using suitable performance indicators.